COVID-19 Library Closure FAQ
During the library closure you may submit any questions you have regarding your library account, items you have checked out, or reference questions to email@example.com.
Library staff will be monitoring emails received Monday – Friday from 10am to 5pm. Please note that responses may take up to 24 hours.
How do I return my items?
Items can be returned to the library dropboxes. The walk-up dropbox is located on the First Street side of the building, between the Library and City Hall. The drive-up dropbox on Second Street is closed due to covid-19 testing.
My items are due, how do I renew them?
The Library will continue to automatically renew items until the Library is able to re-open. You will not be assessed overdue fees.
Can I make a passport appointment?
Passport services are suspended until the library is able to re-open.
How do I access electronic resources?
The Library has many electronic resources that you can access from home, just by entering your library card number.
- Databases such as: Encyclopedias, Dictionaries, Learning Express, Legal Information Reference Center, and many more
- E-books and audiobooks via Axis 360 and Hoopla (Hoopla is limited to 8 items per month)
- E-magazines via Flipster
- Music, Movies and TV shows via Hoopla (Hoopla is limited to 8 items per month)
- Children’s story books via Scholastic BookFLIX and Tumblebook Library
- Go to the Library’s Children’s web page for more children resources
How can I check my Library account status?
Log in on the Library Catalog. In the top right corner, enter your entire library card number and PIN.
How can I get a Library card?
Alhambra residents can get an eCard to access digital resources by visiting the Library Catalog and filling out the eCard form.
How can I use Curbside Pickup?
You can request materials for curbside pickup. Pickup is available Monday-Friday from 10am-4pm. by appointment. Pickup is available as a drive-up or walk-up service.
- You can request materials Monday-Friday from 10am-4pm. Call 626-570-3212 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your phone number, library card number, and request.
- We'll call you when your items are ready for pick up to schedule an appointment. You can drive up and we'll deliver your items curbside, or you can walk up to the First Street entrance. Signs are posted for appropriate waiting areas.
- There is a limit of 15 items and 1 pick-up order per household, per day.
- You must wear a face covering and follow social distancing protocols at pickup.
- You cannot return items at curbside pickup. You can continue to keep items at home, or return them to the book drops.