COVID-19 Library Reopening FAQ
Beginning the week of April 5th, Library hours will change to allow for Express In-Person visits for essential services. Curbside services will still be available.
Mondays-Thursdays from 11:30am-4:30pm: Express In-person Services such as checking out materials, getting a Library card, printing/photocopying, and computer use
Fridays 11:30am-4:30pm: Curbside services available for vulnerable patrons from 11:30am-4:30pm. You can call (626) 570-3212 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to place a curbside order. Orders must be placed by 10am on Thursdays to allow for processing time.
How do I return my items?
Items can be returned to the Library book drop boxes or inside the Library during Express Services hours. The walk-up book drop is located near 1st Street between the Library and City Hall. The drive-up book drop is located on 2nd Street.
My items are due, how do I renew them?
Can I make a passport appointment?
Passport services are not available at this time.
How do I access electronic resources?
The Library has many electronic resources that you can access from home, just by entering your Library card number.
- Databases such as: Encyclopedias, Dictionaries, Learning Express, Legal Information Reference Center, and many more
- eBooks, digital audiobooks, and digital magazines from Overdrive.
- eBooks and audiobooks via Hoopla (Hoopla is limited to 8 items per month)
- Music, Movies and TV shows via Hoopla (Hoopla is limited to 8 items per month)
- Children’s story books via Scholastic BookFLIX and Tumblebook Library
- Go to the Library’s Children’s web page for more children resources
PLEASE NOTE: Beginning March 15, 2021 Axis360 and Flipster will no longer be supported by the Library. EBooks, Digital Audiobooks, and Digital Magazines will be offered in the Libby app by Overdrive.
Is the Library offering any programs?
How can I check my Library account status?
Log in on the Library Catalog. In the top right corner, enter your entire Library card number and PIN.
How can I get a Library card?
Visit the Library during Express Service hours to apply for a Library card. Alhambra residents can get an eCard to access digital resources by visiting the Library Catalog and filling out the eCard form. If you signed up for an eCard during our closure, you can also come in during Express Service hours to convert your digital card into a traditional Library card.
How can I use Curbside Pickup?
You can request materials for curbside pickup. Pickup is available by appointment on Fridays from 11:30am-4:30pm. Pickup is available as a drive-up or walk-up service.
- You can request materials for pickup on Friday until Thursday at 10am. Call (626) 570-3212 or email email@example.com with your name, phone number, Library card number, and request.
- We'll call you to schedule a Friday appointment time. You can drive up and we'll deliver your items curbside, or you can walk up to the First Street entrance. Signs are posted for appropriate waiting areas.
- There is a limit of 15 items and 1 pick-up order per household, per week.
- You must wear a face covering and follow social distancing protocols at pickup.
- You cannot return items at curbside pickup. You can return items to the Library book drops.