Alhambra Reads 2021 is here featuring Rising Strong by Brené Brown! From March through May we ask our community to join us in a series of lectures, to-go kits, and outdoor activities designed to get you thinking and exploring. We hope that Alhambra Reads 2021 will be the start of a wellness and self-care journey that begins with reading and ends with transformative action!
Starting February 8th, reserve a complimentary copy* of Rising Strong by e-mailing email@example.com or by calling (626) 570-3212 (*one book per household, while supplies last)
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
- February 8th: Begin reserving your Rising Strong Book Kit
- February 24th 11:30am: Pre-Event Stretching for Everyone at Alhambra Park (Bring-Your-Own-Blanket)
- March 12th 11am-2pm: Alhambra Reads Drive-Thru Kickoff at the 1st St. Entrance: Pick up your Positivity Rocks kit!
- April 1st: Art Kits available during Library open hours (one per person, while supplies last)
- April 9th 11am: Zoom Book Discussion. Register here.
- April 15th 6pm: Panel Discussion with the County Department of Mental Health (English) via Zoom. Register here.
- April 22nd 6pm: Panel Discussion with the County Department of Mental Health (Chinese) via Zoom. Register here.
- April 29th 6pm: In Our Own Voice by NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness) (English) via Zoom. Register here.
- May 1st: Mindfulness Kits available during Library open hours (one per person, while supplies last)
- May 1st: Begin 21 Days of Action Leading to Rising Strong Day
- May 1st 12pm: In Our Own Voice by NAMI (Spanish) via Zoom. Register here.
- May 6th 6pm: Author of Tripolar & Mental Health Advocate Tim Davis via Zoom. Register here.
- May 7th Time 10:30am - 11:30am: Pop-Up Tea Library (Granada Park). While Supplies Last.
- May 7th - May 21st: Alhambra Reads Art Display at Police Station
- May 13th 4pm: Dr. T. Em Arpawong of USC will discuss Resiliency and Aging. Register here.
- May 21st Time TBA: Rising Strong Day at Almansor Park
- May 26th 6pm: Lori Gottlieb Speaking Event virtually via the State Library
Keep up with all Alhambra Reads 2021 updates by checking this page and our social media channels:
WHAT IS BOOK TO ACTION?
Book to Action is a program of the California Library Association, supported in whole or in part by the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services under the provisions of the Library Services and Technology Act, administered in California by the State Librarian.
De Libro a Acción es un programa de la Asociación de Bibliotecas de California, apoyada enteramente o en parte por el Instituto de Servicios Bibliotecarios y de Museo de Estados Unidos conforme a lo dispuesto por la Ley de Servicios Bibliotecarios y Tecnología, administrada en California por la Bibliotecaria del Estado.